Why shop local? There is a lot of buzz about supporting local so we wanted to share a little more information on the benefits to the community.
- By choosing local and independent businesses for your services, shopping, dining and other needs, you enjoy a more distinctive and personal experience.
- Each dollar you spend at independent businesses returns three times more money to your local economy than one spent at a chain!
- The casual encounters you enjoy at neighborhood businesses build relationships and community cohesiveness.
- Independent businesses help give community its distinct personality.
- Independent, community businesses are people-sized meaning they typically consume less land, carry more locally-made products, locate closer to residents and create less traffic and air pollution.
- More efficient land use and more central locations mean local businesses put less demand on our roads, sewers, and safety services.
- Generate more tax revenue per sales dollar.
- Small businesses donate more than twice as much per sales dollar to local non-profits, events, and teams compared to big businesses.
Honey Paper is so thankful to be a part of Solvang and Santa Ynez Valley community! We look forward to many years of service to this beautiful little corner of the world!
Content Source: http://www.amiba.net/resources/localhero/